Friday, September 29, 2006

Foliage!

Foliage!


The weather in Flag was beautiful as were the trees. It was so nice to be back in the world of living trees for a couple of days. On the way up there I drove past two controlled burns in the Cocnino Forest. They smelled incredible.

Living in the manicured desert landscape of Scottsdale, I've definitely found a new appreciation for trees of all kinds. While I lurve cacti with a growing fascination, the trees shaped like boxes don't really do it for me.

I much prefer the tall and mighty Pine Tree!


It's funny how such a simple thing can bring one so much joy.




Who's the guy hanging out in the tree?



Oh Snap! It's the scary lumberjack.

I hope the immense size and sheer creepiness of this ginormous fiberglass axe-man really comes through here.



Oh a much more serene and uplifting note, the drive home was beautiful.










I've had the urge lately, as your eyes can probably tell, to play around with my digital photos. I don't have a program to do this with yet though; I think I need Photoshop.

1 comment:

123Valerie said...

what's with the creepy lumberjack fascination out thattaway??

I guess a fixation on strapping, beefy guys weilding axes is tolerable with all that breath-taking beauty and what not.