Sunday, September 03, 2006

in bed

It stormed here last night. A full-on thunder, lightening and torrential rain storm and it was fantastic. We get this kind of weather here so infrequently but when it does come I love to open the windows and smell the wet dirt and leaves while falling asleep to the sound of raindrops on metal.

It's 1:45pm, I'm still in bed, and I couldn't be happier. I was recently guilted into buying a subscription to the AZ Republic by some local kids doing fundraiser. And, so I sit, surrounded by the Sunday paper, a just finished Cloud Atlas, an empty cup of coffee, my computer, and the tops of delicious red ripe strawberries. The only thing missing is a cat or a dog (or boy) with whom to cuddle.

What a lovely way to spend a morning and part of this humid afternoon. And though a fresh novel and loads of pillows are beckoning for me to stay just a while longer, I think it's time to peel myself from my comfortable nest of blankets and quilts and get back to world of the living.

No comments: