Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Dream Girls

Last night, we went to an advance screening of Dream Girls. The movie was good. I'm not generally a big fan of the movie/musical as I think it invites unnecessary cheese-potential, which certainly happened in this movie. However, Jennifer Hudson sang her heart out and did such a beautiful job with the story that I was able to overlook the abundance of people singing about themselves in the third person. Beyonce was as beautiful as ever and Eddie Murphy delivered his reliable nugget of hilarity. I especially love the costumes, hair and make-up of the ladies when we got into the 70's disco era. While this was not a movie I would pay money to see in the theatre, I did enjoy it and would recommend it to American Idol fans and sentimentalitarians alike.

1 comment:

123Valerie said...

I sense this is a film for Schmeggles. Please tell me YOU'LL see it with her, as I hate musicals. Altho, I would totally suck it up for some JuJuBees.