Monday, December 18, 2006

peace be with me...

...and also with me

I'm on my way to nation's capital bright and early tomorrow morning. I'll be visiting with old friends, new friends and lots (and lots) of family. I'm taking two books, an mp3 player, a camera and a very zen approach.

My plans include:
-venturing to museums with my moms (recommendations for must-see exhibits anyone?)
-visiting with Meggles
-reading to my Gram
-making a gingerbread house out of rice krispy treats
-burying my nose in my Grandad's woolen sweater relishing the smell of his pipe-tobacco
-attending holiday gatherings with copious amounts of cousins
-drinking nog
-meeting 123Valerie
-cooking and eating a lot of tasty and exotic food
-reuniting with long lost relatives
-getting drizzed with my little brother

My suitcase is precariously close to the 50 pound mark, laden with cactus jelly and salsa. I've taken care of everything on my to-do list including procuring AZ car insurance (which only took a year to accomplish). The plants are watered and Ping-pong's got a hand scheduled to feed him while I'm gone. Now that I'm all ready to go, I'm not nearly dreading this trip as much as I was a couple of weeks ago. Actually, I think it's going to be a very nice time to run around a city I love and reconnect with some really swell peeps.

2 comments:

Leah said...

Have a great trip and a very merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhaaaaa!

I'm so happy. I'm still thinking the 27, my dear. How's that looking for you?

I cannot wait. It'll be like Christmas all over!