Monday, March 24, 2008

Tough Neighborhood

My neighborhood is tough with the parking inforcement. There's a lot I pay to park in on nights and weekends. If I end up leaving my car there at night, I have to wake up at 7:00 am to move it to the street or else I get the tow. It happened to me twice my first week here so I'm ultra paranoid about being in the right place now.

When I'm sitting at my office window in the morning, I see cars getting towed from the lots around my block. They temporarily store the cars on the street so they can tow as many from the lot as they can before the owners come to claim them. Then, one by one, the lost cars got to the impound lot. Sometimes I see the tow truck driver having trouble getting cars on or off the truck and I feel so grateful that it's not my car he's jostling and scraping around.

This morning when I was moving my car, I saw someone on my block getting the boot. I don't know what's worse, waking-up to find your car gone or waking-up to the boot. Either way it's not easy to be driver around these parts.

No comments: