Tuesday, April 05, 2005

turn and face the strange

a face can definitely transport a mind a year behind. last night, while out to dinner with J. we ran into a friend who'd moved away a few months ago. immediately my thoughts shifted focus to a different time in this same place. it shifted to friendships and feelings that i thought had dissolved completely. it's funny, i wouldn't trade my place and time now for a blast to the past. my mental and emotional (if not physical) space is much clearer now. i couldn't help though but to indulge my thoughts and wonder what could have been.

i have to say though that i'm looking forward to a different spring and summer this year. one with a man who i love with all my heart. one where i have the chance to work hard, save hard, play hard, and make some progress with this life of mine.

No comments: