Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Santa Barbara

I smelled Sequoia today for the first time. The scent is overwhelming, fresh and a little nutty. I wish my camera worked so that I could take pictures of all these new surroundings.

Santa Barbara is a beautiful town. It's a lot like Portsmouth actually but in a very West Coast way. The streets in town are lined with posh shops and restaurants. There was a Farmer's Market going on today, musicians on the streets and people everywhere.

The salty sea breeze takes me home automatically. I knew I was going to miss the ocean living in Arizona, but I didn't realize how much I missed it until I smelled the sea breeze here this afternoon. I miss the salty coves and sea life of the New Hampshire coast. I miss standing on the beach with my feet in the sand and the surf rumbling below.

I've got two more busy days here and then it's back home!

No comments: