Friday, January 27, 2006

go-getter

I'm finding myself much more focused on my career these days. I want to succeed, I want to do well by my colleagues and peers. I want to get my numbers up for the almighty bonus. I'm trying harder than I ever have with a job and that's rewarding. It's nice to have something to focus on and to work towards.

I'm not sure though what it's doing to my libido. Over the past month or so I've been so busy, I think I've lost track of a very important part of my life. I need to rekindle the burning fire that once rocked my nights and mornings. I'm not quite sure how I plan to do this. I definitely need to work-out as the pudge that's forming around my middle makes me feel decidedly unsexy. Perhaps I need to up my intake of chocolate, although that would probably jinx the forementioned gym time. The real kicker is the TV. It's got to go. When I sit and veg out after dinner I almost always find myself snoozing. When it's time to transition to the bedroom my body is exhaustified and half-way to slumber already. This makes any kind of romping around a feat of motivation I often can't muster at 11:00pm. It's sad but true.

So, in summary, I guess I need to get off my ass to get some ass.

1 comment:

*em* said...

Ok, so I guess that de-lurking month isn't over yet and I should speak up. When work and school aren't kicking my bum, I try to catch up on your blog.

You know, B, I have been thinking lately that if I weren't already so enmeshed in my own career path I would like to try yours. Too bad you don't sell books on legal technology. I'd be there in a heartbeat.