Saturday, March 04, 2006

choices

I woke up this morning thinking about choices. I feel like my life has evolved into a long string of choices. Some of them have reprecussions and some seem to have none. There's no escaping choices though. Even when I feel like crawling under a rock I stop and decide whether or not I really will!

I choose when I will get out of bed in the morning. Today I happened to choose 10:30am and I feel like I've wasted half of my day. I have to choose what to eat during the course of a day. Do I want to eat bananas and yogurt or do I want In and Out Burger? I have to choose how much time to do work and how much time to dedicate to my personal life. Do I want to stretch myself thin or save up my energy for all things personal? I choose to smoke and drink. I choose whether or not to feed my turtle! I choose whether or not I should shave my armpits and brush my teeth.

Today it all feels a bit overwhelming for some reason.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was awesome, Brita.