Friday, March 17, 2006

I'm not sure how many of you heard about this, but it snowed in Arizona. Crazy but true. I had the pleasure of hiking in the snow up the Peralta trail to the Freemont Saddle where there was at least 6-7 inches of the white stuff at the top. I have to say, I was a bit unprepared for this hike in the snow and ice. I pretty much scrappled my way up the canyon, taking out only a few tourists.

Here are a few pictures of the same hike just a few months ago. Sadly, Zack's camera busted right before we embarked on our winter expedition so I don't have any real proof of the snow. I'm sure you'll take my word for it though.

On to the photos...


The People Rocks


Duckhead. Can you imagine what this looks like covered in 7 inches of snow?


That is called the Weaver's Needle.
That lone little pine tree off to the right is one of the most photographed in the state.


Boulder vs. People Rocks

1 comment:

Leah said...

I love the People Rocks... I've never seen anything like that. One day I will get to Arizona...
Also I love that picture of the Weaver's Needle - I didn't even see you in it the first time I looked.