Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Ostrich vs. Llama

I stopped by an Ostrich farm yesterday on my way down to Tucson. It's a strange place, this Ostrich farm. It's in the middle of nowhere on the side of the I-10. It's real dusty and there are about a gazillion Ostrich out there in fences hanging out. They sell Ostrich meat and Ostrich eggs--though I don't know what the hell you are supposed to do with an Ostrich egg in the kitchen. That's a damn large omelet.



My short stop got me to thinking about Llamas and Ostrich. They are actually quite similar in size and stature with elongated necks and curious eyes. I started wondering what would happen if you put a Llama and an Ostrich in close confines. Would they duke it out. I imagine lots of spitting and pecking.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Brita. I miss you. You make me laugh out loud with your fun-loving spirit!