Saturday, December 30, 2006

Impression at an Airport Bar

The Scene: Cosi at Dulles Airport, Terminal A
The Time: 11:00 am


Handsome Cosi Employee: "Would you make-out with someone you just met?"
Me: (long pause and a 'just what are you asking here buddy' raised eyebrow) "Not usually"
Handsome Coi Employee: "Just asking because those people over there (points to bar) just met this morning and have been going at it for the last hour."


And, going at it they were! It was pretty hard core for being in such a public place. The afro'd dude was standing behind the girl, one hand up the front of the girl's shirt, caressing and kissing and whispering to her. The woman was just giggling like a college-aged binge drinker at 2 am in a dark frat house basement. Now, I am not one to diss on PDA, I'm an affectionate person and I don't think there's anything wrong with smothering the peeps you love in hugs and kisses in public. Actually, I really love being part of that couple who can't keep their hands off each other. But, getting felt-up in an airport bar before noon is pushing the boundaries.

I wonder if that couple really did know each other and were just enacting a little role playing to spice up their life. Who knows, and really, who cares. These are the things that stick in my head after a very long day in multiple airports on multiple too-small airplanes, jumping around in turbulence, trying to avoid tornadoes and snow storms.

It's so good to finally be home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love stories like this. They make me believe that making out like a teenager is still possible for ME!

Do you think I should worry that my word verification has "hag" in it?