Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Yet Another One Bites the Dust

I was outside sweeping my back porch (aka slab of concrete) when I came across two very big, very complex spider webs. One of them was under a chair and the other was under a table. I don't know how these things get spun so quickly, it seems I'm swatting them away every week.

blackwidow

The web under the chair was occupied by a juicy black widow spider. This is not the first black widow to make her home in the surrounds of mine. And, I hate to say, it will not be the last. Last time the bug man was here (nary a month ago) he found 4 black widows in the backyard and in the garage.

I'm becoming quite paranoid of these deadly little creatures and have become prone to jumping at the sight almost any bug, thinking now that each tiny creature I come across in this desert landscape is reading a poison just for me. I'm not ready to die yet, people!

I guess it's time to call the bug man again. I really hate killing living creatures and it's completely against my sensibilities to spread noxious chemicals all over my home and the ground outside. It's just not right. I don't know what other choice we have though except to accept death by lethal spider bite.

If you or anyone you know has an organic recommendation for the removal of deadly spiders from the home, please let me know.

No comments: